Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi tenant users in Power Apps

Hi all,

Hoping someone can shed some light for me on multi-tenant setups and Power Apps

My government department went through a restructuring recently. As a result of this, new divisions have been added to the department where used are under a different Office365 tenant. If I were to create a Power Apps app, how easy (or difficult ) would it be to share the App with users in the new division. As far as the org structure goes, we are all in one department. But we are on different office365 tenants

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

So, have your tried the solution from the link I attached?

The doc has details to describe how you share app with guests, make sure that you have added these users as Guest users into your tenant, and then follow what the doc told you.

If the reply could solve your problem, please consider mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to share app with the users in another tenant?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario?

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no direct way to share an app to external users outside your Org (There is no direct way to share an app from one tenant to another one).

As an alternative solution, you could consider add these users as Guest users into your Azure Active Direcroty tenant. Then you could share app from your tenant to these Guest users (from another tenant). 

The guest user must have a Power Apps license assigned through one of the following tenants:

• The tenant hosting the app being shared
  • The home tenant of the guest user

So make sure that the other users in another tenant have license for Power Apps.

More details about sharing an app with Guest users, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#share-with-guests

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for this. Yes, that is correct. We are in Tenant A. And the new divisions which have merged with our department are on Tenant B and C respectively. This is because they were previously part of different departments

Hi @Anonymous,

So, have your tried the solution from the link I attached?

The doc has details to describe how you share app with guests, make sure that you have added these users as Guest users into your tenant, and then follow what the doc told you.

If the reply could solve your problem, please consider mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Qi. This answers my question

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,816)