cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Need Information about App Passes in PowerApps Per App Plan.

If I purchase One per App Plan (10$ Plan) How many app passes I will get ?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Need Information about App Passes in PowerApps Per App Plan.

A single Per App license will allow a single user to use up to two related applications, for example one canvas app for mobile and one model driven app for desktop that both deal with the same data source.  When you assign a per App license to an application an App Pass is given to a user when you share it.  One Per App license = one App pass for a specific application or two.  So depending on how you look at it you get two app passes per license.  But realistically you get one app pass per per App license unless you are in the special circumstance where you are creating an Application that contains multiple related apps.  At that point you need to talk to Microsoft to confirm what you are doing is with the licensing limits.

This Blog post may help:  https://stevemordue.com/power-apps-licenses-vs-passes/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

@Pstork1  Let's say I have created an environment which has 5 different apps. All the apps uses premium connectors as data source. 

As an Admin I have purchased 5 Per- app licenses. So for each per- app license will get single pass . Now I have assigned only 1 Pass to that Environment. (let's say for one app)

Q1 :- As an Admin If I share the application to all the users they will get an email notification stating that app has been shared with you. My question is will all the users can run that app with that single Pass ?

Highlighted

Q2 :- In One Environment I have 2 Apps. If I want to share this apps to my whole organization users is it fine can I purchase 2 Per-app licenses ?

Q3 :- In One Environment I have 3 Apps. I have purchased 3 Per-app licenses. then I will get 3 app passes. Suppose if I assigned only one app pass to the environment can I share the other two apps to all the users  with single app pass ?

Q4 :- In One Environment I have 3 Apps. I have purchased 3 Per-app licenses. then I will get 3 app passes. Suppose if I assigned only one app pass to the environment. If i shared the First app to two users. Now if i want to share second app to the same two users do i need to add another pass to the environment ?

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Q1 - Assuming you as the admin have a regular Per User license , then the first user who you share each App with will be able to run the app.  All the rest will be prompted to start a trial or purchase additional licensing.  The Per App license only covers one user for one App (or related set of apps).

Highlighted
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Q2 - 2 per App licenses would only allow sharing with one user (two is the apps are related as discussed before).  Every user must have a license (either per app or per user) to run an app.

Q3 - The per App licenses need to be assigned to a specific app (or set of apps).  So 3 per app licenses would let three users use one of the apps, but the other two apps would not be covered by licensing.

Q4 - Again, each per app license is assigned to one app.  That app can then be shared with one user.  Either additional apps or users requires additional licensing.

Let me try to say this one more time clearly.  The Per App license allows one user to run one app for one month.  Anything more than that requires additional licensing.  The Per User license allows one user to run unlimited apps for one month.

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

If you remove the premium connector all your users will be able to use the app under the "powerapps for office 365 license" which is included in Business Premium, Business Essentials, F1 Plan, and the E1-E5 Enterprise Plans.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (10,911)