cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strick

Onboarding Tasks - Not installing properly

Hello everyone!

I'm far from an expert with PowerApps, but figured a great way to ween myself into the platform would be to start utilitzing the templates provided by Microsoft. One of the templates is for a new hire onboarding workflow, called "Onboarding Tasks" I've tried getting this to work more than a few times and it never seems to function as intended!

Here is the workflow I'm following to set this up:

1) Click Create app

2) Click "Make this app" for Onboarding tasks

3) Grant permission for connections to 

a) Outlook

b) Outlook Tasks

c) Office 365 Users

=== At this point the app is created & I can begin editing if I wanted ===

4) Click "Make my own app" banner that appears @ top of screen allowing me to store the associated excel database in my OneDrive account.

5) Play the "Admin Screen" which allows me to add myself as an Admin.

6) This is when the wheels start falling off... Here's a breif list of issues I'm running into:

a) Edit icons are not displaying correctly. They are white, and are 100% different than what I'm supposed to see. That said I am able to click on them (if I'm able to find them.)

a) Nothing populates in the "Quick Resources" menu on the "My Profile" screen.

b) The "Team" screen does not display anything in the 'Team Header' 

c) Zero content displays on the "Company" screen. 

d) None of the changes I make will hold after making revisions. To clarfiy ANY changes I make won't hold.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling this app and associated resources such as outlook to do lists & excel database being stored in my OneDrive. It seems every time I try to reinstall the app I get a slightly different outcome! Sometimes content will display as expected, others I'll get a error message banner @ top of my screen immedatly after install and not touching ANYTHING. One common trend is that any revisions or edits I make to the app NEVER hold, always reverts back to OOTB settings...

Anybody willing to help me?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Strick,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

For your first question, could you please share a bit more about the Edit icons that you mentioned? Is the Edit icon within Myprofile panel?

For your second and third question, do you mean that the records within the Excel table could not be displayed well within the Teams Screen and Company Screen?

I have made a test (save the embeded Business data into my OneDrive for Business folder), and the issue is confirmed on my side.

In addition, when I refresh the data source within my app manually, it could not be refreshed successfully (always tell me Try Later). I think this issue is related to the Data source added automatically into this app.

But when I save the embedded Business data into my Dropbox folder, the records could be displayed well within the Teams Screen, My Profile screen and Company Screen. You could consider take a try to re-create an app based on this template app (Onboarding Tasks), then save the embeded Business data into your Dropbox folder (or Google Driver, etc.) instead of OneDrive folder (or OneDrive for Business), then check if the issue is solved:1.JPG

Please remove all OneDrive or OneDrive for Business connections from your app, then use the Excel table within your Dropbox folder as data sources.

I would post this issue to my product team, if the issue is solved, I would reply here.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Kris, How do I connect this app to an Excel file? I'm excited to roll this out, but can't find any instructions that detail out how to make a connection. My app is just running with the dumby data and nothing is saving.
Peter McDermott

I am struggling with this app too.  It's like it's built completely incorrectly and there is almost no support from @microsoft on how to use the app.  As is it, the template is completely unusable.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,100)