cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julie747

Per app plan, Microsoft Forms: No license Please contact your Office 365 admin for assistance.

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Power Apps, Per app plan.  I have the licence allocated to a model driven app and would like to create a form in MS Forms.  MS Forms comes with the license but i have been unable to access and receive the attached message.

I have accessed active users in admin but due to the Power Apps Per app plan license i don't have the ability to assign MS Forms to myself as a user.

I would welcome any ideas please to get MS Forms up and running

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Power Apps licensing has nothing to do with MS Forms.  MS Forms Pro licensing is included with Office 365.  If you have a per app license but don't have Office 365 then you would need to use the free version of MS Forms.  I don't think the free version can be assigned to specific people.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Officially, you should be able to create apps using a per App plan.  But in my experience there are often issues when you try to do that.  The problem is that the per app license gets assigned during the run process when the app is shared with a user. So the user creating the app doesn't actually have a license until after the app runs. You can try opening a support call and raise this as an issue.  But in general my advice is that anyone creating an app should have a per user license.  People consuming the app can have a per app license,.

julie747

Thank you for your response.  I have successfully created and shared access to the basic app 🙂

I want to be able to access MS Forms but don't seem to be able to locate where i can activate MS Forms.  Do i need an additional license for Office365 on top of the Per App Plan?  When looking at the Per App Plan license i was under the impression that access to MS Forms was included. 

I am at a bit of a loss as i have so far been unable to locate the comparison table i looked at last week to confirm if my thinking was correct or where i can activate Office if it did come with the Plan.  

I am thinking i need an office365 license for my business now but am not sure how or if this is actually required.  There is so little help in setting up a Per App License on line i have really struggled with this

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Power Apps licensing has nothing to do with MS Forms.  MS Forms Pro licensing is included with Office 365.  If you have a per app license but don't have Office 365 then you would need to use the free version of MS Forms.  I don't think the free version can be assigned to specific people.

View solution in original post

julie747

Thank you for your assistance.  I sought out an Office 365 trial for the time being and have been able to progress with my build.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,399)