Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Permissions issue

Hi,

I have got an app with 2 screens, one with gallery showing the list of records, second is edit form to create/edit.

The form has about 15 fields of various types, that includes 2 lookups and couple of option sets. So my app is based on 3 CDS entities, one main entity and 2 related entities for lookups. I have created a custom security role, given organisation level permissions to all the 3 entities. I have assigned this role when sharing the app with other user. But for some reason, the lookups and option sets are blank.

If i give System admin role to the user, it works fine.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks

Jeevan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Permissions issue

Hi @jk264,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if you have assigned proper access-level permission of your three CDS Entities to the custom Security Role as below:1.JPG

Please consider create your custom Security Role based on the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#create-or-configure-a-custom...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jk264,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please check if you have assigned proper access-level permission of your three CDS Entities to the custom Security Role as below:1.JPG

Please consider create your custom Security Role based on the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/database-security#create-or-configure-a-custom...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

As i come from Dynamics 365 CE background, i was pretty sure that i have configured the role right, but i missed the bit from the MS documentation that we should have the "Min Privileges to run the App", thanks for the link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (3,394)