cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Power App Per App Licensing/Reporting

Can anyone explain the timeframe on per app licensing? We have an app that we've shared with 19 people. We've assigned 19 App Pass licenses to it for people to consume. I one person that keeps getting prompted to sign up for the trial version of power apps. (i've now put in for more licenses to see if someone it consuming an extra license.)

Is there a report or a powershell that will tell me who is consuming the App Pass licenses? Also, what are the rules with these license? if someone uses an app once for testing, how can I free up that license? Is it only when I stop sharing the app? How can I tell the last time a user used the app to see if we should shut them off?

The documentation that I've found basically says "It's a work in progress." That's great.. but give me something to help me...

any help greatly appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Power App Per App Licensing/Reporting

Hello PowerAppNovice1,

For now there is no PowerShell commands to track this or manage the licenses.

Currently the tooling for monitoring information like license assignment and who is using the license is a known limitation. We have been working to get analytics tooling in place and the current tentative ETA on the first iteration of it is set for the Fall release(which is usually released by the end of October). While this is subject to change that is the current timeframe we can give.

One of the parts of this update will be getting more details on who is accessing specific apps and when.

Right now we track that access has been made but only return a total number. You can setup the app with a flow to trigger on start that tallies who accessed it and gives a timestamp, just know this is something you would need to setup for each individual app you wish to track

You can review the documentation on the Per App licensing here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-powerapps-perapp

and general Licenses: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

As for removing the users access restoring the license to be consumed elsewhere please note that a per app licenses can give user access to 2 separate apps on the same environment, so removing their access on one would not restore the license to be used again.

Have a good day,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,545)