cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mihamocnik
Helper II
Helper II

Power App per app plan - is premium Power Automate part of this license using our process?

Hi All!

We would like to create a new process and I am not sure if I understand correctly the licensing guide. 

Process: External Web app request >  Power Automate HTTP request received (Premium)> Power Automate creates a new record in Dataverse Phone Call entity > Response back to the External Web app > User will see a new Phone call record in his Canvas App

Is it enough to have only Power Apps per App plan since it covers also Premium connectors or should we have on top of that also some Power Automate per user/app license?

Thank you!

Best regards,

Miha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mihamocnik,

If the tables (e.g. Phone Call) that are being used in the flow are used in an app (e.g. your Canvas App), then you should be able to use premium connectors by the Power Apps per app or per user plan. Here is a description around that in the licensing FAQ.

If your flow is updating data sources or other tables that are completely unrelated to your Canvas App, then you'd need to have a Power Automate per user / per flow license.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mihamocnik,

If the tables (e.g. Phone Call) that are being used in the flow are used in an app (e.g. your Canvas App), then you should be able to use premium connectors by the Power Apps per app or per user plan. Here is a description around that in the licensing FAQ.

If your flow is updating data sources or other tables that are completely unrelated to your Canvas App, then you'd need to have a Power Automate per user / per flow license.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,981)