cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Apps Licensing

Greetings Power Apps Community,

I am doing a feasibility study for Microsoft Power Apps in my Org.

I frequently read that the Power Apps is suitable for Enterprise Wide Applications like ERP .

However please let me know if I want to make a Business to Customer(End User) or Business to Business App, is it feasible for

Power Apps?

For example, I make an App and then sell it to my end customer or another business at a price(instead of my own Org.).

Can I do this with Power Apps?

I am also looking for a brief summary/link on the Licensing Model for all 3 types of Power Apps. (Canvas Model, Portal

and Mobile Apps).

Most of the reference guides are touch too lengthy or difficult to quickly assimilate.

Finally, will subscription cost apply to both our organization(App Maker) and our Customer

(End User or another business) for all 3 Power Apps models (Mobile App, Canvas and Portal )

Also if there are any Cloud storage connections running in the background by means of plugins(internal or 3rd party) , should both us(

App maker) and Customer(End User or another business) be paying the subscription cost in terms of SAAS

Subscription model.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks & Take care

Rajeev

1 REPLY 1
BCLS776
Super User
Super User

Power Apps are meant primarily for internal business users with appropriate licences, but it is possible to share an app with licenced, external users or through a Power Apps Portal.

For selling apps, that's handled primarily by marketing Solutions as a Microsoft Partner. Purchasers of your app would need to ensure they have the necessary licencing to run the app and maintain user access through their own tenant.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

_________________________________________________________________________________________
Help the community help more users by choosing to "Accept as Solution" if this post met your needs. If you liked the post and want to show some appreciation, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (1,879)