My requirement is:
1. Share app with external user (outside tenant)
2. External user should be able to update data that will reflect back in the Power App
3. From the data source that is feeding the Power App, we need a PBI report that is to be refreshed real-time (automatically and not manual) when data updates are executed.
Options tried, but no success:
1. Canvas App - external user can only be guest, with no edit option (editable table is tried)
2. Model driven app - Power BI report cannot be embed it
3. Power App Portal - This only pulls from CDS. We were able to achieve requirement 1 and 2. For requirement 3, we created PBI report using Common Data Connector - but it does not refresh automatically, as CDC does not support DirectQuery.
If there is any work-around/ suggestion, I will be able to implement.
What datasource are you using? An External user can have Read/Write access to the datasource through a canvas app if you share the datasource with them. So your #1 option should work if constructed and shared correctly for most data sources.
Share the file or the library where the file is stored with the external user in SharePoint. That should make it possible for them to edit the file.
Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!
Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021
Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights