cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
subinpius4u
Helper II
Helper II

Power Platform ALM

I am having a difficult time in deciding the best approach for organizing the Solutions and deployment approach.

I need to manage the source control and have rollback options if something goes wrong in Prodcution environment.

I read lot of microsoft documentation with respect to this.

My takeway points from the documentation are as below

1. Best approach to deploy a solution is through Upgrade option. Deploying via patches is not recommended.

But I have 2 bottlenecks in this approach. How do we rollback the changes to the previous version of solution if something goes      wrong after deployment? I have to deploy all the components of a solution to production even for minor update to a single component within the solution, which can bring some new bugs.

2. Solutions can be created based functional( like one solution for sales and one solution for service) or component type wise (one solution for tables, one solution for flows, one solution for apps)

What would be best approach if some tables are being shared by multiple apps?

I would higly appreciate somelight on the best practices.

1 REPLY 1
akandis
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hello Subinpius4u.

1. For the rollback I recomend you to export and unpackage the solution into Devops Repository. With that you can have you controll version and in case that you need to do a rollback you can Package and Import to the environment.
  2. I think the 2 approachs are good but I prefere to create a solution by components.

I hope is helpful.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,327)