Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KayBains
Helper I
Helper I

Power Platform & Primary Risk

Hi 

We are looking to use the Power platform to run few screens which access the SQL server directly hosted on the network and have the following queries: -

1. Can the traffic coming from Power platform be managed/controlled from our firewalls and restricted to a single/set of IP on Power platform (Azure)/? 
    2. Can we create a new domain within power platform which might make it easier to control this traffic from the company side?  
    3. Does power platform support security protocols like MA-TLS (Ver 1.2 or 2.0) and does it support externals signed certificates for secured communication between power platform and the company.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Traffic to an on-premises SQL server will all go through an on-premises gateway.

1. Traffic through the gateway is all initiated by the gateway.  The cloud does not reach through your firewall to access the gateway, the gateway checks the power platform to see if there are pending requests and then responds.  The following article covers the networking characteristics of the on-premises gateway.  Adjust communication settings for the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

2. No I don't believe you can create a custom domain to be used for Power Platform alone.

3. The gateway can be set to require HTTPS and TLS 1.2, but I don't think you can use your own signed certificates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Traffic to an on-premises SQL server will all go through an on-premises gateway.

1. Traffic through the gateway is all initiated by the gateway.  The cloud does not reach through your firewall to access the gateway, the gateway checks the power platform to see if there are pending requests and then responds.  The following article covers the networking characteristics of the on-premises gateway.  Adjust communication settings for the on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

2. No I don't believe you can create a custom domain to be used for Power Platform alone.

3. The gateway can be set to require HTTPS and TLS 1.2, but I don't think you can use your own signed certificates.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,887)