cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satya3999
Regular Visitor

PowerApp Per App Licensing through Azure AD Groups

Hello, 

Can anyone explain how to give PowerApp Per App licensing through Azure AD Group without using PowerApp Baseline Access. I tried following steps but I couldn't find PowerApp Per App license option in Azure AD Group: 

1. Got/Bought PowerApp Per App licenses through Admin portal - Quantity 1

2. Assigned App Passes to an Environment through power platform admin portal

3. Created an Azure AD group and trying to add PowerApp Per App license to that but I can't find PowerApp Per App license under list of licenses.

NOTE: I did it using PowerApp Baseline Access and my users are able to access Power Apps without D365 CE license but PowerApp Baseline Access is free of cost. I want to understand what is the different between PowerApp Per App vs PowerApp Baseline access. 

1 REPLY 1
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Power App per licenses can't be assigned directly to users.  They are assigned to a pool in the environment and then user's get a license when they use an app that was shared with them.  The process of sharing the app and then the user accessing the app is what assigns the per app license.  Assigning the Baseline access license to a person without a per user license will also try to grab an available per app license. Its a workaround for administrators that need user's with per app licenses to show in the system before they use the app the first time.  But if that isn't your issue then there is no reason to assign the baseline license.  The user will get a per app license the first time they use the app.  Assigning the license to an Azure AD group doesn't change the fact that the license is only valid for one user, not a group of users.  But if you share the app with a group then using the baseline license is a stand in for the per app license that each user in the group will get when they first access the app.  You will need more than quantity 1 of the per app licenses.  You will need one for each user in the group who eventually uses the app.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,045)