cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

PowerApp can't connect to Azure Blob Storage even after whitelisting IP addresses

Hello. I'm trying to use Azure blob storage in a Power App. When I set the azure storage account to allow access from all networks it works fine. I can create the connection and everything works.

azureblob1.png

But when I set it to only allow selected networks, it gives me this error:

Inkedazureblob2_LI.jpg

The environment the app is in has USA at it's region and I've added all of the IP addresses from the here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config

to the whitelist for my azure blob storage. But even then it's still giving me errors. A thing to note is that this power app was originally from another environment that had Canada as it's region and I exported and imported the app to the new Environment with the USA region. Should I add the IP addresses from Canada too?  I even tried creating a whole new app in that environment and adding the azure blob storage connection and it still failed. 

Is there a way to know the client IP of your power apps? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby :

Could you tell me:

• How is your current fire wall set up?Can you ensure that all IPs have been whitelisted?(for example:there are 16 IPs in 13.89.171.80 - 13.89.171.95)
  • Is the region of your environment United States?(You can confirm it in admin center)

I made a same test but did not encounted the problem you mentioned(I successfully added the connection)

The region of my environment is Asia

1\Whitelist all IPs in Asia

1.JPG

2\Add the connection

2.JPG

In additinon,It might also be worth checking with the Azure Community since everything is working fine under default conditions.

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Blob-storage-connector-and-Firewalls-403-for...

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby :

Could you tell me:

• How is your current fire wall set up?Can you ensure that all IPs have been whitelisted?(for example:there are 16 IPs in 13.89.171.80 - 13.89.171.95)
  • Is the region of your environment United States?(You can confirm it in admin center)

I made a same test but did not encounted the problem you mentioned(I successfully added the connection)

The region of my environment is Asia

1\Whitelist all IPs in Asia

1.JPG

2\Add the connection

2.JPG

In additinon,It might also be worth checking with the Azure Community since everything is working fine under default conditions.

I think this link will help you a lot:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Blob-storage-connector-and-Firewalls-403-for...

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mgodby :

Has your problem been solved? Is there anything else I can help?
If you have found a solution, please mark it as a solution so that more people can see it.
If your problem is not solved, can you tell me what is your problem now?

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (7,771)