cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fooksie
Advocate II
Advocate II

PowerApps API Access from Multi-Geo tenant?

Hi I'm an Australian PowerApps ISV and we deploy our advertising industry-based solution into an environment created in our client's MS tenancy.  This is the first one with multi-geo enabled.

We also have an Office Excel add-in that connects their planning files (a range of proprietary/bespoke formats) into some tables in the PowerApps environment via PowerApps WebApi.  99% of the time it works with each user's credentials no problems.  The only ones we're having difficulties with is some users out of Europe they're getting a message from the add-in's OAUTH flow that is typically associated when an AAD B2B guest user tries to access the WebApi.  Through the frontend, no worries but directly through the API it doesn't allow you to authenticate.

I know PowerApps isn't a multi-geo aware service.  The evidence points to multi-geo tenancies being several separate tenancies under the covers with a veneer of cohesion over the top, is this right? 

What I'm trying to find out for PowerApps is exactly what limits there are for outside-geo users in a multi-geo tenancy? 

Do I treat them as B2B guests?

What limits of accessibility for the WebApi are there for B2B guests?  I know you can access PowerApps as a B2B guest through the MS-provided frontend but not directly through the WebApi, but what else is there that I need to be aware of?

Is there some documentation for all this out there that I've missed?  I've searched a LOT though.

Help!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,459)