cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps CanvasApp CDS licensing problem

Hello everyone,

I am running a CanvasApp on an iPad with connection to a CDS. Since last week I am asked to extend my test license or to purchase a "premium license" (the app and the CDS was used several months before without any problems). So I bought a PowerApps per App license and assigned it to the Enviroment.

However, I still can't start the app and get the message that I should extend my trial license.

Do I have to assign the license to a specific app or to a person?

Is the PowerApps per App license not a premium license ?

In the Enviroment only one CanvasApp and one model driven app is visible to the user (the user is the creator of the Apps and only user). The user has an E5 plan with PowerApps for Office 365.

The app uses CDS, Office 365 groups and Outlook connections.

Thanks

Christian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello everyone,

I got rid of the bug last night. The solution that worked for me was to export the app to my computer and then delete the cloud app. Then I imported the exported app again and it worked oddly enough.

Unfortunately I could only assign the per app license to the environment. I couldn't find out how to assign the license to people or apps.

There was only one app with one user in my environment and the app had "pass assignment" activated like in the link in step 3 : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/power-platform/admin/about-powerapps-perapp.

I hope that could help.

Thanks

Christian

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cDuester ,

Since you use cds as connector, so you need to buy premium license.

Please notice that:
one license should be assigned to one user.

License is for user, not for environment.

What's more, since you buy per app license, so you also need to assign this license to one specific app.

This license is to use premium feather only for one app.

So in your issue, you need to assign this license for one specific user and one specific app.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing the solution to allocate the license to both USER and APP?  I also have exactly the same problem and have burnt most of the day on this issue.

I am the only user in my environment, and cannot share the app to myself, nor can I assign a license to myself (I can only assign the app pass to my environment).

I contacted Microsoft Support, they advised the issue was that I had a trial license in my environment and that I should remove it and wait several hours (ha!).  I did this and it doesn't work.

Highlighted

Hello everyone,

I got rid of the bug last night. The solution that worked for me was to export the app to my computer and then delete the cloud app. Then I imported the exported app again and it worked oddly enough.

Unfortunately I could only assign the per app license to the environment. I couldn't find out how to assign the license to people or apps.

There was only one app with one user in my environment and the app had "pass assignment" activated like in the link in step 3 : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/power-platform/admin/about-powerapps-perapp.

I hope that could help.

Thanks

Christian

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Christian,

Thanks for sharing the solution, that was perfect, worked for me!  Interestingly, I exported and reimported the app (without deleting the original)... the original app still presents the licensing issue when I start it, however the newly imported app is fine. 

You saved me a lot of pain - wasn't looking forward to going back to my client explaining they needed to upgrade their 200-user license again 🙂

Kind regards,

Ben.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (6,785)