Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NigelP
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

PowerApps - Howto Export a flow to a zip file

Hi

Is there a PowerApps command (via PowerApps for administrators or PowerAutomate for Administrators) to export a PowerAutomate Flow to a Zip File ?

Thanks

Nigel 

8 REPLIES 8
joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @NigelP,

As far as I know this cannot be achieved through a connector.

However, I can think of other ways to programmatically export flows:

Would this help? Could you please share some more information on what you want to achieve?

pre
Community Support
Community Support

HI

I do not not believe in the Default environment.  I believe it is inherently insecure.  The organisation I work have also taken this stance.  So we are in the process of moving all of the development of flows to a DEV tenancy.  When the flows have been developed and tested, they are moved back to the production Tenancy into a nominated environment where the appropriate DLPs etc can be enforced.  So I need a PowerApp / Flow / PowerShell to do the moving of the flows (and their connectors) between Tenancies.

Regards

Nigel

joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @NigelP,

Thanks for sharing the background of your question.

In this case my approach would be definitely to use solutions. You can create flows inside a solution in your dev environment, or add existing flows into a solution: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/overview-solution-flows

Using solutions you can easily move Flows, but also other components such as Power Apps, across environments and tenants.

Using DevOps you can even automate this process. We are using this as a standard procedure to move apps and flows created on behalf of clients across tenants.

You could also import solutions into the default environment, but I agree this might not be the best idea security-wise.

I would not advise to export and import individual flows, also because the handling is terrible when done at scale.

Hi @joe_hannes_col 

Would you be willing to share how DevOps is used to copy PowerApps and Flows across environments ?

Thanks

Nigel

joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @NigelP,

Apart from the official Microsoft documentation on the Power Platform Build Tools I can very much recommend Nick Doelman's blog post on establishing an ALM process for Power Platform solutions 🙂

Thanks @joe_hannes_col 

joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@NigelP, does this help you move your flows across tenants? Do you need more support?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,041)