cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
natsch
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Usability (Licensing Question) for Powerapps for Office 365/K1

Hello,

I am struggling to understand the feature implications across the various versions of licenses to PowerApps. I am building a model-driven app which utilizes a custom entity from CDS. I am licensed with O365 E3, so I expect all features to work for myself. However, I have users who I want to be able to access the application, the majority of whom are using O365 F1 licenses. 

Whereas for my E3 license, I have 'PowerApps for Office 365' as a service, I see that O365 F1 licenses grant 'PowerApps for Office 365 K1' as a service. The documents I see detailing licensing via O365 nowadays reference 'PowerApps for Office 365' only, with the only K1 reference being a 2017 document. 

Will these O365 F1 licensed users be unable to interact with the application? If so, what might be the best route to mass license for this singular app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: PowerApps Usability (Licensing Question) for Powerapps for Office 365/K1

If you are building a model driven app then you will need more than the "seeded" license included with Office 365 for both you and your users.  Model driven apps and CDS are premium features.  You will need either a standalone license, if you plan to build a number of apps, or a per app license for each user who will use the app.  

You can build regular canvas apps, if they don't use premium connectors like CDS, using your E3 license and F1 users will be able to access and use those apps.

If you are building just a single model-driven app then the most cost effective licensing would be the Per App license.  The PerApp license can cover a couple related apps (like one Model driven app with an associated canvas app for mobile input), but you'll need a license for each user.  PerApp licenses are perApp per User per Month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: PowerApps Usability (Licensing Question) for Powerapps for Office 365/K1

If you are building a model driven app then you will need more than the "seeded" license included with Office 365 for both you and your users.  Model driven apps and CDS are premium features.  You will need either a standalone license, if you plan to build a number of apps, or a per app license for each user who will use the app.  

You can build regular canvas apps, if they don't use premium connectors like CDS, using your E3 license and F1 users will be able to access and use those apps.

If you are building just a single model-driven app then the most cost effective licensing would be the Per App license.  The PerApp license can cover a couple related apps (like one Model driven app with an associated canvas app for mobile input), but you'll need a license for each user.  PerApp licenses are perApp per User per Month.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,941)