cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SimplrMac
Frequent Visitor

PowerApps app on mobile device for guests

Guests can access the app via de weblink.

Guest downloaded the Power App App on Mobile; login but no apps visible.

Is this because of the type of license App per Plan or App per User

cause

'Power Apps Per App Plans are scoped to apps in a specific environment, so they cannot be recognized across tenants.

Power Apps included with Office and

Power Apps Per User Plans are not bound to a specific environment so they are recognized across tenants in guest scenarios.'

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

In the pricing Explore Power Apps plans 

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

I don't see anything mentioned regarding this difference. 

Or do I need to make changes in Azure AD?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

I don't think your problem is a license problem.  I think the issue is that the mobile client is logged into the user's home environment, not your environment.  Guest users will be able to use apps on their mobile browser, but I don't think their is a way for them to show up in the mobile client.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Raynok1
Helper V
Helper V

Hi There,

I'm in the same boat, where I need guest apps to show in the powerapps mobile version.

My reason: At the time if this reply my app requires the ability read information from a QR image from a tablet or mobile device. Short version, the barcode for web feature is depreciated in the browser and only seems to works for normal bar codes but not for QR codes. Doesnt pick it up.

But there is a way to get the guest app to work in the powerapps mobile app, Yeah!! 🙂 . Its odd but it shall work.

Tested on an android device

1.) Share the app as per normal process for an external user.

2.) Make sure powerapps is installed on the mobile device.

3.) Advise the external user to open the email from the mobile and select "open app". It should prompted them to either open via the browser or powerapp, Choose "Powerapps" of course.

4.) Sign in as per normal and there you go, it'll open in the powerapps mobile app.

5.) Swipe to the right, refresh your app list and you'll see the guest app in the list but all your other apps will disappear if you had other apps. Dont worry that's the "Odd" bit. Lets continue..

6.) On the gust app select the 3 dots or ellipses (not sure what its called) and pin the app to the home screen. 

To get back all the other apps that you might of had, close powerapps mobile and reopen it (not using the guest app icon on the home screen).

Play around from there..

Really hope it works for as it works from me. Its odd but I'll take it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (2,403)