I built an app and leveraging a Sharepoint List to store the records for further analysis. It was primarily built for a specific country / BU. The app was good, and now some other countries / BUs are asking for it. So I need to plan for a more massive rollout. But I have some questions that I need your advice:
1. Is it a way to define the app settings based on user's location?
2. Based on point 1, what I like to achieve is to auto create a list based on the location. Eg London users will be using a Sharepoint site / list specific to them, Thailand users use site and list built specific for Thailand. Things like that.
3. Some users may be granted with access to multiple countries, can it be achieved ?
4. Any advice on app security / role based definition / data security will be welcome
This is my first time to build a PowerApp and at the same time ... this is the first time I have this kind of app deployment globally.
Hi @gavinleung ,
Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?
Do you want to create a global language app?
For your first and second question, if you want to define your app's settings based on User's location, I think the Language function could achieve your needs. The Language function returns the language, script, and region of the current user as a language tag. On your side, you could detect which location current user is in based on the Lauguage function. E.G.
If( Right(Language(),2) = "US", "USA Location", Right(Language(),2) = "FR", "France Location", Right(Language(),2) = "GB", "Great Britain Location", ... )
More details about creating a global language app in PowerApps, please check the following article or blogs:
For your third question, you could consider add a Excel table, within there, you could configure Access permission to countries for some specific users.
Then within your app, add above Excel table as data source, then check current user's permission from that table.
For your forth question, more details about sharing an app and resource within PowerApps, please check the following article:
Thanks @v-xida-msft , it was pretty useful. It is interesting to know about the Language function.
What I'm going to achieve is :
1. get the user's location (Can we leverage anything from AAD ?)
2. Upon the location, automatically create a Sharepoint Site / List by country (we have global presence, and we aim to have a SP Listper country)
3. In each country, there are users in different roles. Currently we have an administrator, a country leader, a project manager, team managers, end users. These roles are defined in another SP List which is under the same SP site.
You mentioned to have an Excel tables containing the permission of users, that may create another issue of maintaining the file.
I hope to get more advice from the PowerApp developers here.
Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!
See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.
ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.
Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021