cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

PowerApps per app plan - If I want the same user to have 4 apps, do I need to pay twice?

Hello,

If I understand correctly, with a per app plan (8,40€/month) I can create and run a maximum of 2 apps. This does not mean I can create an additional 2 apps each month, so that a second month I could run 4 apps, right? So it's 2 apps at all times with a premium connection, correct?

My question is: if I want to run 4 apps with the same user, do I pay two licenses (8,40€ x2), or you cannot have multiple plans with the same user? Please clarify!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: PowerApps per app plan - If I want the same user to have 4 apps, do I need to pay twice?

That is covered in Microsoft's documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-powerapps-perapp which shows that you can only assign 1 per app licenses per user per CDS environment. Given how careful that outline is covered I strongly suspect you can't assign a user 2 licenses in a single environment so unless the apps are in different environments you probably need to merge those 4 apps into 2.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Re: PowerApps per app plan - If I want the same user to have 4 apps, do I need to pay twice?

@EstampF 

Yes you can the powerapps per app are based on capacity and once users access an app they consume from this capacity.

So your understanding is correct.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.

If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

MG (Naturally Curious)

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Okay on the first question. Although your answer kinda confused me. When users access an app created under a licensed plan they consume... what exactly? I thought there were no restrictions.

And what about my second question. So if I want to build 4 apps I need to buy two "per app" licenses?

Thank you again

Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

That is covered in Microsoft's documentation at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/about-powerapps-perapp which shows that you can only assign 1 per app licenses per user per CDS environment. Given how careful that outline is covered I strongly suspect you can't assign a user 2 licenses in a single environment so unless the apps are in different environments you probably need to merge those 4 apps into 2.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (6,740)