cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvinay448

PowerApps with Large data

Hello Experts, 

Good day. I thought I will ask this question in this forum to get proper solution. I will try to explain in a brief way. 

Scenario:

We have data as excel in SharePoint. The data is very large and dynamic(as of now we have above 1lakh,it goes increase day by day). we have power BI reports for the same data. The data source to power Bi also from SharePoint.

Alternatives we tried to connect the data as a data source  are the following:

1) Excel has some limitations that it reads only 2MB and some delegation issue till 2000 records. Calculated formulas also it wont support. 

2) SharePoint as a data source, it has its own limitations that for above 20000 rows and for dynamic data it wont be a good data source.

3) Tried importing Power BI tile to PowerApps,  comes to know that filtering is only available on pinned visualization tiles, not supported for pinned reports.

Now we are thinking to use pivot table as a data source. (if we create pivot table on top of the master data, we get the data as small).   Tried it but the PowerApps was not allowing pivot table as a data source. not reading pivot table as a normal excel.

Question:

1) Pivot table with refresh the data into PowerApps. Is it possible ?

2) Is there any alternative way to read all my data as a data source?

correct me if i am wrong in any case. Can you guys please help me on this?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,549)