cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cgmlongo
Frequent Visitor

Powerap P1 Licensing and Premium connectors Issue (SQL Server)

HI all,

with my organization i run into a problem using premium connectors in Powerapps (SQL Server).

I run an application shared with about 1000 users. The application run under my account and use Sql Server premium connectors.

Starting 3 months ago i run the application with my profile that have Power App P1 Plan.

All conusumers user have Office 365 E3 Subscription and all it worked fine.

But starting from today Powerapps Asks to all user to enable Powerapp Premium Plan to use the app.

cgmlongo_0-1594114746900.png

it is really strange and not understandable this type of behavior from one day to the next, i don't know if Powerapps changed the terms of licensing to use premium connectors but seems to yes.

Can anyone help me to solve the issue?+

Anyone From Microsoft?

Thanks

Cristian

5 REPLIES 5

If you have a p1 license you can use the premium connectors. If you have just office license, premium connectors are not included. Not sure why it would stop today

see the list on this page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

the connectors listed need more than an office license

Hi,

i have premium connectors and i make the app with Power P1 Plan.

When i share the application to all end users (That have O365 E3 Subscription)  i implicit shared my connection (to SQL Server) with all.

All are enable to use the up for 2 months without enable any trial license.

Yesterday suddenly microsoft request to enable trial version to use the app.

How this Behaviour?

Did Microsoft Change something in Licensing Terms on subscription described?

Can Someone from Microsoft help us to understand this sudden problem?

If you need other details send me a message.

Cristian

I'm not aware of there being a two month window for people to share an app with functionality and connectors for which they are not licensed. Sounds like something that wasn't intentional.

Hi tahnks for your answer,

if i understand, if i made an app with powerapp P1 License and i share implicit connection with all end users it not work?

Can you explain me better?

Thanks

Cristian

Users must be licensed for the connectors in the apps and flows that they use. If I make an app that uses Dynamics 365, SalesForce, SharePoint, etc, I can't share the apps or flows with other users and have them use it as me. Anything that has a premium connector requires that the users of the app be licensed for it in order to use it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,559)