cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps Environment

I am trying to get correct governance set in our environment for power platform. When I as an admin created new environment it shows created as myself. But since in the long run when I am not with company I don't want my name show there. Is there a best practice in creating the environment with service account like other environments are created with SYSTEM.
Also once I create an environment, I am not able to remove the user who created the environment from environment admins group.

Please help!

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps Environment

Hi @spfxuser ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which type Environment do you want to create in your Power Platform Admin Center? Production Environment or Trial Environment?

Currently, if you want to create a Production Environment or Trial Environment in your Power Platform Admin Center, and want the 'Creator' to be the 'SYSTEM' rather than yourself, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. When you create a Production Environment or Trial Environment in your Power Apps, the Creator would be the user who create this Environment.

Within Power Apps, only when you create a Community Plan Environment (Developer Type Environment), the Creator of this Environment would be "SYSTEM", do you would like to create a Developer Type Environment?

More details about Community Plan in Power Apps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/dev-community-plan

For your second question, do you want to remove the user who creates the Environment from the admins group? I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs, you could not remove the owner of the Environment from the Admin Groups.

More details about Environment in Power Apps, please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Powerapps Environment

Hi @spfxuser ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Which type Environment do you want to create in your Power Platform Admin Center? Production Environment or Trial Environment?

Currently, if you want to create a Production Environment or Trial Environment in your Power Platform Admin Center, and want the 'Creator' to be the 'SYSTEM' rather than yourself, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently. When you create a Production Environment or Trial Environment in your Power Apps, the Creator would be the user who create this Environment.

Within Power Apps, only when you create a Community Plan Environment (Developer Type Environment), the Creator of this Environment would be "SYSTEM", do you would like to create a Developer Type Environment?

More details about Community Plan in Power Apps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/dev-community-plan

For your second question, do you want to remove the user who creates the Environment from the admins group? I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs, you could not remove the owner of the Environment from the Admin Groups.

More details about Environment in Power Apps, please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,885)