cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mitch
Level: Powered On

Powerapps Latest Version 3.18075.22 Can't Edit

My team can't get edits to save in the app we are developing. This appears to have started with the latest update 3.18075.22. We can add a button, but it doesn't save the change and we can't delete anything in the app at all. 

We have both sharepoint and SQL as data sources not sure if that is somehow related. We also have check our permissions and we should be able to work on the app. 

Help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mzandegiacomo

Re: Powerapps Latest Version 3.18075.22 Can't Edit

Hello,
I just saw that i never commented on what was the resolution to this issue: We found out, that we had to disable the Advanced App Rendering Feature which was still in Preview. This resolved the "Edit" Issue discussed above. However it triggered a new problem that the app was not rendered properly in IE (worked in Chrome/Firefox/Edge). So Microsoft resolved the "Edit Mode Bug" and we reenabled the Advanced App Rendering again. Since then it is working fine.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
robcarrington

I'm, noticing a similar beavhiour in 3.18075.22 where it won't save after making a change (e.g. change a Gallery name).

I'll then try save the app by:

1. Ctrl + S: No popup of "saving to PowerApps"
  2. File -> Save: It'll hang on the message "Saving..."

I also won't be able to edit anything else in my app until I close / re-open the app

mzandegiacomo

Hello together

We are experiencing the exact same problem here. Did anyone of you open a case with Microsoft or has other replies from their side?

Best,

Martin

Mitch

We have not yet opened a ticket, but would gladly jump on a ticket with someone else. 

Mitch

Recent Update:

It appears that the error occured because at some point the popup to allow a data connection fails to show up, and having not allowed all the data sources in the app, powerapps turns off all editing. Not sure why these are related, but for those of you struggling to wade thorugh it, try removing the connections and readding them. That has worked for us. Apparently ones of our SQL tables was the data source that didn't have the correct permissions. 

robcarrington

I’m using a SharePoint Online list as my main data source but was reference a local collection of 4 clhoices.

I ended up finding a workaround in another thread which was to turn off the new Rendering mode Preview feature.
mzandegiacomo

We opened a premier support ticket yesterday and a teammate will have a call with a support engineer by today. If there is any progress, i will share it here. If someone you also open a ticket, i can share aour case number where you can refer to.

mzandegiacomo

An update from our side: We had a call with a support engineer today. Microsoft will look into that. But as more Requests they have, as more urgent they will consider the problem so if your are also able to open a ticket you should do that.

mzandegiacomo

Hello,
I just saw that i never commented on what was the resolution to this issue: We found out, that we had to disable the Advanced App Rendering Feature which was still in Preview. This resolved the "Edit" Issue discussed above. However it triggered a new problem that the app was not rendered properly in IE (worked in Chrome/Firefox/Edge). So Microsoft resolved the "Edit Mode Bug" and we reenabled the Advanced App Rendering again. Since then it is working fine.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Users online (6,810)