cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Refresh security roles?

I have created a security role that goes with a certain canvas app, and I seem to have missed some permissions while configuring it. So, after updating some of the permissions in the role, I tried again, but I still received security errors in my app. The errors persisted until the I completely logged the user out of the PowerApps app, and re-logged in.

Of course, I missed a few more permissions.... so I had to do the whole login dance a few more times, which ended up more time consuming.

My questions:

* I assume the security role is cached. But when is the user/security role info refreshed?

* Is there a way to force refresh this info without logging out?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Refresh security roles?

Hi @MrNappa ,

Do you want to know how much time does refresh security role take and can you refresh security role without restarting app?

I'm afraid I didn't found any doc about refreshing security role.

But I believe it indeed need some time.

I suggest you wait for a moment (at best 1-2 hours) after you update your security role and then run your app.

Also, you need to restart your app.

Or else, many updates may not take effect.

I suggest you express your views about adding functions of refreshing security role on PowerApps Ideas Forum. Your precious feedback will be very helpful for our work.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020 Winner Announced

Check it out!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (10,446)