cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GFinlayTerumo
Helper I
Helper I

Remove user from Environment

I have an external user who I am trying to remove from our company tenant.  My IT Manager has removed them from AD etc but I can still see them in the Power Platform Admin Center Environment.  I have removed the user from any the security groups but they still exist.  I need to be able to remove them from the environments group as shown in the diagnostics below.  The user is also in Deleted Users in Dynamics 365.  Is there any steps I am missing in order to completely remove this user from our Environment?

GFinlayTerumo_0-1613553675071.png

picture1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to help, I have raised a ticket with MS Support and are now getting help with it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@GFinlayTerumo 

Login to: https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home#/groups

Mira_Ghaly_0-1613555492455.png

And then you can remove it from the Environment Group.

You can check the security group of your environment from admin.powerplatform.com

Go to Environments->select your environment click edit and check assigned security group.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi

Thanks for the reply, this sounds like the correct thing but I cannot find out what group to be searching for.  Searching for the name of the environment doesn't give me any results.  Is there a way to find the name of the group attached to the environment?

Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@GFinlayTerumo 

Go to admin.powerplatform.com

Select your environment

Mira_Ghaly_0-1613556799193.png

CLick Edit:

Mira_Ghaly_1-1613556839480.png

Then you can show your related security group

Mira_Ghaly_2-1613556880525.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

There isn't a security group assigned to the environment.  I assume this means any user can sign in regardless?  I would still expect to be able to remove the user from the environment or will it not matter as long as the user has been deleted in AD? Thanks for the help

@GFinlayTerumo

Have u tried to Remove the user from

https://admin.microsoft.com/Adminportal/Home#

Yes, the user sits in Deleted users.

GFinlayTerumo_0-1613557582194.png

@GFinlayTerumo

Can u rerun the diagnosis again?

@GFinlayTerumo

Also make sure there is no license assigned through admin center

Hi

Thanks for taking the time to help, I have raised a ticket with MS Support and are now getting help with it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (51,174)