Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
molegris
Advocate III
Advocate III

Reset sandbox breaks dataflows

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had any luck with the "reset" fonction on sandbox environment?  Especially with reagard to dataflows. It never works for me! 

I go to the Admin Center, I select a sandbox environment and I click on the reset button at the top,

I set the parameters (see image below),

I wait up to 1h to make sure everything is completly done!  I even tried waiting 36h but it was still not working.

I noticed 2 bugs :

• Dataflows (attached or not-attached to a solution) have not been deleted as you would expect in a "reset" procedure.
  • Dataflows, even those created after the reset, are not working.  You get this non-descriptive error message : Failed,There was a problem refreshing the dataflow. please try again later.  And in that case, "later" really means "Never"  😞

molegris_0-1616780540159.png

I would appreciate if you could share your experiences.  Does it work for you or not ?  Do you have a workaround ?

Thank you

--mo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @molegris,

Dataflows seemed to be stored at the environment level. The reset procedures reset the Dataverse "database". An environment doesn't require a Dataverse provisioned. If you delete/reset an environment then it would delete the Dataflows. That said, it is confusing because to create a Dataflow you required a Dataverse instance to import into!

For the 2nd issue, new Dataflows not working, it looks a like product defect. Suggest to open a Microsoft support ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support and hopefully they would be able to provide more details even on the reset Dataflows...

Keep us posted 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @molegris,

Dataflows seemed to be stored at the environment level. The reset procedures reset the Dataverse "database". An environment doesn't require a Dataverse provisioned. If you delete/reset an environment then it would delete the Dataflows. That said, it is confusing because to create a Dataflow you required a Dataverse instance to import into!

For the 2nd issue, new Dataflows not working, it looks a like product defect. Suggest to open a Microsoft support ticket at: https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/support and hopefully they would be able to provide more details even on the reset Dataflows...

Keep us posted 🙂

View solution in original post

Hi @EricRegnier,

Thank you for the clarifications.  I understand the concept better now.  As you said, it does (and does not) make sense 🙂  

UPDATE : I opened an "idea" Add dataflows delete to the environment reset function 

I will open a ticket with regard to the dataflow not working after a reset, I'll keep you posted.

--mo

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,064)