cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
max81
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Restore accidently deleted solution

How can I restore an accidently deleted solution.

I can see the deletion in the history, and also the Activity id. But there is no option to restore it.

Is it possible?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @max81 ,

As per your description, I'm afraid there is no way to make it. Please refer to below image that prompts when deleting a solution:

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

MrRegalius
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, 

You cannot restore the solution, no.
But if it was an unmanaged solution, then everything in the solution is still in your environment.
So it could be as easy as dragging all the components back into the solution.

If it was a managed solution all the components have been deleted from the environment.
Here I would probably recommend restoring a backup of the environment as the solution will be back in the environment as well.

It depends on how mission critical this is.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @max81 ,

As per your description, I'm afraid there is no way to make it. Please refer to below image that prompts when deleting a solution:

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

MrRegalius
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, 

You cannot restore the solution, no.
But if it was an unmanaged solution, then everything in the solution is still in your environment.
So it could be as easy as dragging all the components back into the solution.

If it was a managed solution all the components have been deleted from the environment.
Here I would probably recommend restoring a backup of the environment as the solution will be back in the environment as well.

It depends on how mission critical this is.

Jerry97

Is there a way to check who deleted a particular Solution ? 

If you go to Solutions History it shows a record of the deletion of the solution.  Unfortunately, it doesn't show the user that completed the deletion action.  However, there is an Activity Id in More details.  I don't have full admin rights, so I'm limited in what I can investigate, but that Activity Id may lead to a record of which user performed the action.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,013)