Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Revoke App pass

How does revoking Per App plans work?

Let's say I've released 10 App passes to an Environment A, all of them are now used by users. I need to reassign 1 pass to a new joiner in Environment B.

I can reduce the amount of app passes in environment via PP admin center, it's just not clear who'll lose the pass from already assigned users.

I can't believe MS has implemented something like this. While idea of app passes is fine, whole management of App passes is so messy. The concept that pass is auto assigned when app is shared and I as admin can't assign a pass to particular users is just ridiculous.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Hello @marekbuban,

I hope all is well. This is an interest post. Thanks for sharing. I'd like to know this too.

I've never used the app passes before, so I'm only guessing. Hopefully someone can give you the correct answer.

My guess would be, before you remove the app pass from Environment A, maybe stop sharing the app with the user you want to remove the pass from. That would mean there is an app pass free. When you remove that pass from Environment A it will take the free pass and not the other nine that is being consumed. 

But again, this is a guess, and I agree with you, it's not so clear.

Good luck with it.

Garry 

Highlighted

Thanks @GarryPope,

it's somehow manageable since we didn't release many app passes yet, but once hundreds of passes are released, it will be a big problem. One pass allows user to use 2 apps. To find later apps I first must stop sharing with user is not that easy. I hope reporting capabilities MS is working on and will be available later will help here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (12,081)