cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Security Role - Read and Write privileges across multiple users but not entire business unit

I have a security role and a custom table.

The table is currently set to USER read and write security privileges on this particular security role.

I want to set the table to be read and write by more than 1 USER but not across an entire BUSINESS UNIT. The user(s) who can read and write the record will vary each time so it cannot be reflected simply by changing BUSINESS UNIT or creating different SECURITY ROLEs.

Is there a way to set up the read and write security configuration for a table to be based on specific USERS (e.g. those related to the record) or is this not possible?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Advocate I
Advocate I

Aaaaand for anyone reading this, I've managed to answer my own question 5 minutes after posting this. Sorry. I'll keep it here in case anyone else comes across the same issue.

If I keep the read and write setting to just USER under this security role but select that the USER also has the SHARE privilege. When the user creates (I had not previously mentioned this but assumed it was a given that they had create privilege) the record they can then SHARE the record with the relevant USER and choose which security privileges the other USER will have (within the privileges that the user has within their own security role).

Hope that makes sense!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Aaaaand for anyone reading this, I've managed to answer my own question 5 minutes after posting this. Sorry. I'll keep it here in case anyone else comes across the same issue.

If I keep the read and write setting to just USER under this security role but select that the USER also has the SHARE privilege. When the user creates (I had not previously mentioned this but assumed it was a given that they had create privilege) the record they can then SHARE the record with the relevant USER and choose which security privileges the other USER will have (within the privileges that the user has within their own security role).

Hope that makes sense!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (93,588)