Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
v-shsi16
Microsoft
Microsoft

Security Role is not Working Properly

Hi,

I have a table in MS Dataverse and created a new Custom Role in the environment. When I give users system admin role they are able to see the data in Canvas App (which uses the Table in MS Dataverse). But I do not want all users to give this right. So I copied the System Admin role into a new custom role and tried with the new custom role.

But the users are not able to see anything in the app.

Can someone help me on this.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @v-shsi16,

Can you share some screenshot(s) of the custom role with the privileges to the table? Is it a custom table or out-of-the-box? Do the users have a proper Power Apps per user/plan license?

Thanks 

v-shsi16
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Eric,

I copied sysadmin role into a new custom role and added users in that role. In sysadmin role they are able to see the data but in the new role they can not.

Below is the snippet of the same , RiskRegister is the custom table here.

Am I missing something here.

Thanks

vshsi16_0-1624893720527.png

Hi @v-shsi16, apologies for late reply, have you solved this yet? This seems strange, are you using model-driven apps or how is the user accessing the data? Is your table part of that model-driven app? Also do you have security enabled on the form? Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,313)