cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DannyEngels
Level: Powered On

Send a picture from PowerApps to SharePoint

Dear powerusers,

I am currently reworking an app i´ve created in powerapps.
Now the issue is that i have set up all the controlls/flow to upload a picture to sharepoint (like Shane Young has shown me in his video).

Now the problem is when i take a picture on the desktop the flow works fine, but when i try it on the tablet my company is supposed to work on, that when i try to send the picture to sharepoint that i took on the tablet i get an error message.DataFlow.pngFlowSucceed.pngerror_tablet.jpgThe picture has to be able to be opened in sharepoint.

What am i doing wrong here???
You would be of great help!
Thanks already for reading/helping with my issue.
Danny Engels.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Send a picture from PowerApps to SharePoint

Hi @DannyEngels ,

Is it a Picture column type? Did you follow below blog to achieve this? Please share the related formulas.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DannyEngels

Hello @v-monli-msft ,

Yes it is a picture column in the sharepoint list, and i've take an example from Shane Young's videos to wire the connection to sharepoint.
The related formulas are shown in the pictures here.
Thanks already for the help!6S_List.png
Danny Engels.Take_Picture.pngFormula_Sharepoint button.png

TravisBiggs
Level: Power Up

@DannyEngels 

I haven't added photos in that manner, but if you can't get it to work, you could use the sharepoint attatchments column and have the user upload the photos from there. Create a flow to get the attatchment details and item details triggered when the item is created, write that information to a separte list with an image column and a text column to hold an "id" number, and then put a gallery in your app that filters that new list by list item id number. not the simplest but it is very functional and will alow for multible photos to be displayed. You will need to use the "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" function of flow to update the image Column, as you can not do that with "update an item" in flow.

DannyEngels

@TravisBiggs wrote:

@DannyEngels 

I haven't added photos in that manner, but if you can't get it to work, you could use the sharepoint attatchments column and have the user upload the photos from there. Create a flow to get the attatchment details and item details triggered when the item is created, write that information to a separte list with an image column and a text column to hold an "id" number, and then put a gallery in your app that filters that new list by list item id number. not the simplest but it is very functional and will alow for multible photos to be displayed. You will need to use the "Send an HTTP request to SharePoint" function of flow to update the image Column, as you can not do that with "update an item" in flow.

Thanks Travis for the reply,
I have one question though, and that is how do you add an attatchment column to sharepoint.
Is it the picture/hyperlink column? or is that not the right one.
I'm still quite new to the sharepoint environment, so yeah...
And is there some documentation about this part "Create a flow to get the attatchment details and item details triggered when the item is created, write that information to a separte list with an image column and a text column to hold an "id" number, and then put a gallery in your app that filters that new list by list item id number." somewhere on the web?
Thanks again for the help!!!

Danny Engels.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,860)