Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Send welcome email upon creation of powerapp

Hello everyone!

We are a pretty large retail company and where we are in the works of setting up a governance and Power Platform board in order to keep track on what's going on out there in our over 75 countries representing. Since we installed the MS CoE kit we now have the possibility to see where are "citizen developers" are and what they are building and how it's being used by end users and how many. 

Now, we are also looking into nurture and how we can create a learning community and here we have Yammer as help. But for the onboarding we want to be able to catch our users interest before they ran into problems they cannot solve and don't know where to turn.

So I started out thinking this is easy. There must be triggers in Power Automate in where you can choose PowerApps connector and let it trigger for something like "When a new app is created" but there is no such thing.

Does anyone have experience in this and maybe created something similar? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Send welcome email upon creation of powerapp

the COE kit does that actually. sends a mail out to every new maker.

but it does it indirectly. every day, it loads all apps and flows into the CDS. if one of the makers is new (first app or flow), they get the welcome mail.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/guidance/coe/nurture-components#flows

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

the COE kit does that actually. sends a mail out to every new maker.

but it does it indirectly. every day, it loads all apps and flows into the CDS. if one of the makers is new (first app or flow), they get the welcome mail.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/guidance/coe/nurture-components#flows

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Wow...awesome!

Thank you so much for this. I've totally missed this.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Having a read through the COE documentation on pre-reqs, I think I'm getting confused. It says:

"For the Core Components solution, only the admins need a Power Apps Premium license. For the Governance Components solution, all makers require a Premium license. For the Nurture Components solution, everyone will require a Premium license. "

Does this mean everybody in the organisation will need a 'Power Apps per user plan' or 'Per App Plan' purchased in addition to their E3 just so I can send an email to them welcoming them to the Power Apps community?!? I can't see anything on my tenant called a "PowerApps Premium" licence I can purchase. 

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hello,

thanks for pointing that out, that's something we could be clearer on in the documenation.

The CoE Starter Kit uses premium connectors, such as CDS and HTTP which require a Per User or Per App license in certain cases. 

In the Nurture components, we have flows and apps

- The flows, such as the Welcome email flows don't require the recipients to have a premium (per app or per user) license. Only the Admin needs a Per User or Per App license to configure the CoE Starter Kit

- The Canvas Apps part of the Nurture Components, such as the Template Catalog and App Catalog - if shared with end users - require those users to have an appropriate Power Apps license as they use premium connectors in the app.

Hope that helps

Manuela

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,627)