cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Service Account for Environment Admin Role?

Do I need a service account instead of admin account with a role, to create an environment in PowerApps?

If I create using admin account, It is not allowing me to remove it from the Environment Admin group even though I have added other users.

This means that the environment will have my name forever in it? Is there any best practice to follow like using a service account with some specific role?

Capture.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Service Account for Environment Admin Role?

Hello @spfxuser 

The service account is not a named user, but an account with the sole purpose of running Flows and PowerApps. This way your PowerApps and Flows aren't affected when the account that made it doesn't exist. To move a PowerApp to a service account: Add the service account to the PowerApp with 'Can edit' permissions, so that service account can still edit and publish the PowerApp.

Check the below link for the Role of a Power platform admin::
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/overview-role-powerapps-admin

To delete the environment check the below blog::

https://readyxrm.blog/2019/08/01/how-to-delete-a-powerapps-environment/#:~:text=Choose%20your%20envi....

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Service Account for Environment Admin Role?

Appreciate your response!

Now according you, I will create a service account(of course it is not a user) specifically to create Environments. This is so that I don't want my name in the created by permanantly as long as the environment exists.

The service account for Environment admin is different from all other service accounts that run flows PowerApps or other connections.

Yes we have other service accounts which run other apps, flows, connections etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,077)