Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
the_colbs
Level: Powered On

Set-AdminPowerAppOwner returns error

Hello PowerApps Community,

Through the great levels of assistance from this community, I"ve got some apps working and we are ready to deploy them. Because of the nature of these applications, they need to be owned by a service account instead of an individual user account. This is an audit requirement for our facility. I've tried using the below cmdlet but it returned an error. 

Set-AdminPowerAppOwner -AppName %name% -EnvironmentName %name% -AppOwner -%name% 

The error is:

Code : NotFound
Description : Not Found
Error : Errors :
Internal : System.Net.HttpWebResponse

I think this may have something to do with what it considers to be an Admin app but I'm unclear on this technicality. Has anyone seen this error or know of any troubleshooting guides?

FYI - I checked all the UIDs and they are correct. No Runtime errors, just a blank response from the server. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set-AdminPowerAppOwner returns error

Hi @the_colbs ,

For more detailed information, please refer to:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/gdpr-admin-powershell-cmdlets/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell

To perform the administration operations in the admin cmdlets, you'll need the following:

• Office 365 Global admins or Azure Active Directory Global admins no longer require a P2 license for administrative access to the PowerApps admin PowerShell cmdlets. However, these administrators need to sign in to the PowerApps Admin Center at least once before using the PowerShell cmdlets. If this is not done, the cmdlets will fail with an authorization error.

• Office 365 Global Administrator or Azure Active Directory Global Administrator permissions if you need to search through another user’s resources. (Note that Environment Admins only have access to those environments and environment resources for which they have permissions.)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

There are a couple of possibilites

1) You need to be a Global Admin or AAD Admin in the tenant to run the "Admin" commands.  Are you a global admin?

2) Are you supplying the GUIDS for the Appname, Environment, and AppOwner?  The examples all show guids, rather than just names.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
the_colbs
Level: Powered On

@Pstork1 

I am supplying the GUIDs but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a global admin thing. I'm actually not in IT in our organization so I'll reach out to them and see if they can try it.

I'll keep you updated. 

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Yes, if you aren't a Global admin then you won't be able to run that command.  If you were a global admin you would know that you were an admin, so I doubt you are.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @the_colbs ,

For more detailed information, please refer to:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/gdpr-admin-powershell-cmdlets/

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-powershell

To perform the administration operations in the admin cmdlets, you'll need the following:

• Office 365 Global admins or Azure Active Directory Global admins no longer require a P2 license for administrative access to the PowerApps admin PowerShell cmdlets. However, these administrators need to sign in to the PowerApps Admin Center at least once before using the PowerShell cmdlets. If this is not done, the cmdlets will fail with an authorization error.

• Office 365 Global Administrator or Azure Active Directory Global Administrator permissions if you need to search through another user’s resources. (Note that Environment Admins only have access to those environments and environment resources for which they have permissions.)

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,169)