cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnWeb
Level: Powered On

Set-AdminPowerAppOwner sharepoint list form powerapps

Hi I'm trying to change ownership of sharepoint list form powerapps using this PS but got the error below, any idea or suggestions? 

Set-AdminPowerAppOwner -AppName 'appid' -EnvironmentName 'Default-guid' -AppOwner 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-adc668b730a5'

Code : Conflict
Description : Conflict
Error :
Errors :
Internal : System.Net.HttpWebResponse

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Set-AdminPowerAppOwner sharepoint list form powerapps

Is the AppOwner the Azure AD Object ID of the user you want to change the owner to?

Since this is a PowerApps custom form for SharePoint the app behaves a little differently. The list permissions controls the permissions of the PowerApp. If a user has Edit or higher access to the list the user will be able to modify the design of the PowerApps custom form. Also PowerApps custom form for SharePoint only show up in the SharePoint list. This means if you go to PowerApps web page you won't see the app listed there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Set-AdminPowerAppOwner sharepoint list form powerapps

Hi @JohnWeb ,

Do you want to change the owner of the SP list custom form (created via PowerApps) using PowerShell cmdlet?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test, and the issue is confimed on my side. The screenshot as below:9.JPG

If you want to change the owner of the SP list custom form (created via PowerApps) using PowerShell cmdlet, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs.

The user @egallis has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Administering-PowerApps/Remove-PowerApp-Conflict-problem/m-p/282...

I also have posted this issue to my product team, the response from PG as below:

This is expected for SPO custom forms apps. These are SPO embedded apps whose lifecycle is tied to the SPO list in which they were created, so they need to also be deleted from the SPO experience itself.

.As the cmdlet name suggests, it is only used to remove a PowerApps but not custom forms.

Currently, the PowerApps PowerShell cmdlets are not supported within SP List custom form (created via PowerApps), if you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApp Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Actually, the custom forms (created via PowerApps) in SP list are embedded apps in your SP List, whose lifecycle is tied to SPO list in which they are created. The Owner of the custom form in a SP list is actually the Onwer of the SP List. Currently, there is no way to change the Owner of a SP list to another user using PowerApps PowerShell cmdlets.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,486)