Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dahlgebra
Helper II
Helper II

Share App with end user.

Hi. 

I have a PROD- environment with Dataverse. Since the App that I want to share uses environment variables that are stored in Dataverse, I have to share both access to Dataverse and the App itself.

Is this a good way to solve my problem?

Add all users that should have access to the app and/or to the environment to a security group (AD). And then connect that group to the  "Security Group". See picture below. 

Then I have to assign the "Basic User" role to all end user so they are able to access the environment variables in Dataverse from the app.

dahlgebra_0-1623831009018.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @dahlgebra,

Sounds like a plan to me 🙂

The Basic User role by default grants read access to both the Environment Variable Definition and Value table, so your users should be able to access the Environment Variables:

joe_hannes_col_0-1623854113640.png

You could consider creating a separate role if you don't want to assign the Basic User role to all users for whatever reason.

To streamline the process, you could also consider using Dataverse group teams for your users in the Security Group and assign a role to the group team. You can find more information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

In the link above, please check the section on "nested security groups".

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @dahlgebra,

Sounds like a plan to me 🙂

The Basic User role by default grants read access to both the Environment Variable Definition and Value table, so your users should be able to access the Environment Variables:

joe_hannes_col_0-1623854113640.png

You could consider creating a separate role if you don't want to assign the Basic User role to all users for whatever reason.

To streamline the process, you could also consider using Dataverse group teams for your users in the Security Group and assign a role to the group team. You can find more information here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

In the link above, please check the section on "nested security groups".

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,805)