cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanilmaru
Frequent Visitor

SharePoint ID column getting auto-renamed in PowerApps code

I am using SharePoint as a data source to my PowerApps - 

• I have two SharePoint lists List1 & List2. I have renamed the ID columns for both these lists to "List1Id" and "List2Id" and I am using these columns in the code inside PowerApps controls
  • Recently, I have started facing this issue that both these columns in code are reverted to internal name (i.e., List1Id -> ID and List2Id -> ID)
  • When I refresh List1, it gets the display name back for List1 (i.e., ID -> List1Id)
  • When I refresh List2, it gets the display name back for List2 (i.e., ID -> List2Id), but reverts the List1Id -> ID
  • Again, if I refresh the List1 it gets the display name back for List1Id but reverts List2Id -> ID

This  is very strange behavior and it was working fine earlier. Because of this I have to check all the controls every time I do some change to make sure that display name is used properly and not replaced. Any help over here is appreciated. Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanilmaru ,

SharePoint ID column is a specific column, you will only be able to rename it in the modern experience. However, rename columns in modern experience would only affects in the list page, in Power Apps you will have to use the original name of the column.

For other columns including "Title", if you have modified in classic experience then you could use in Power Apps.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sanilmaru ,

SharePoint ID column is a specific column, you will only be able to rename it in the modern experience. However, rename columns in modern experience would only affects in the list page, in Power Apps you will have to use the original name of the column.

For other columns including "Title", if you have modified in classic experience then you could use in Power Apps.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,382)