cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
TirtaHema
Helper II
Helper II

Solution Checker Couldn't be Completed

Hi guys,

 

I have a problem when I run the solution checker. It says that my solution couldn't be completed. Is there any idea to my problem. I have tried to import it to another environment but it returned error too. I don't know it is because of the same problem or not. thanks a lot!

TirtaHema_1-1600751585115.png

 

TirtaHema_0-1600751462941.png

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I finally solve this problem. this problem is caused by some entities that have a relationship with other entities in this case Dynamics Sales (usually built-in entities like account, systemusers, etc). What I do is delete the built-in entity from my solution and re-add the entity to my solution and choose the only relation that I used. After that I can export the solution to other environments. hope this way can solve your problem. Have a good day!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ben-thompson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You actually have 2 different issues.

 

The Solution Checker does fall over if certain things are in the solution - it always used to do it if I have an environment setting in the solution, from memory it also does it if you have the application ribbon in it. These things will be fixed in time but for the moment there is little you can do about it.

 

The import error message tells me thanks to the msdynce_Sales reference that you seem to have exported your solution Ecosystem from an environment with Dynamics 365 Sales entities within it into an environment that does not have Dynamics for 365 Sales installed within it. It also seems that there are references to Dynamics 365 for Customer Service there as well

 

I don't think there is an obvious fix for this except to find an environment that has Dynamics 365 installed on it instead of the Power App (without Dynamics 365) environment you seem to be trying to install the solution on.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Thanks @ben-thompson for your answer. So what I need to do before import the solution to the new environment is to install several apps that you mentioned? Is it possible for me for uninstall the Dynamics 365 sales in my environment before I export the solution?

Well the first thing to do would be to see why those dependencies exist in your solution - i.e. does the solution include a form with a sales or case subgrid on it. If you can solve things that way you will have a far more robust solution but it will take a lot of time.

 

You could remove the D365 solutions one by one if you have the time but that won't be easy but will reveal where the dependencies within your solution are (and you need to be careful here as some solutions really aren't removable as they have dependencies on other D365 solutions). 

 

It's going to be a lot of work and it require a great deal of trial and error.

 

 

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Actually I don't use any entity related to sales. But the environment has already installed with the several Dynamics apps and there isn't any dependency in my solution.

 

TirtaHema_0-1600765031810.png

 

 

The problem here is that the D365 dependencies aren't dependencies in MS worlds as most people move from D365 to D365 environments. It's only when you hit a none D365 environment that these issues occur.

 

Sadly I really can't provide much more guidance, fixing this is going to be a total pain for you unless you cheat and make all your environments D365 environments and then ignore the D365 entities stored within them (yes there is a cost involved but 1 D365 enterprise license is probably cheaper than the time fixing this will take).

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

Thanks @ben-thompson for your insight. I really appreciate it!

I finally solve this problem. this problem is caused by some entities that have a relationship with other entities in this case Dynamics Sales (usually built-in entities like account, systemusers, etc). What I do is delete the built-in entity from my solution and re-add the entity to my solution and choose the only relation that I used. After that I can export the solution to other environments. hope this way can solve your problem. Have a good day!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,404)