cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dallenap
Advocate II
Advocate II

Solution Checker Fails

I'm attempting to run the Solution Checker on one of my solutions and it fails.  The error message I received is:

Principal user (Id=42737f93-039d-ea11-a813-000d3a19b041, type=8, roleCount=2, privilegeCount=100, accessMode=4), is missing prvReadEnvironmentVariableValue privilege (Id=8f721830-b9a9-47d2-bc79-98c3edc28f10) on OTC=381 for entity 'environmentvariablevalue'. context.Caller=42737f93-039d-ea11-a813-000d3a19b041

When I lookup that user I find it's the Power Apps Checker Application user (pacheckerapp@microsoft.com).  Apparently this user's security role doesn't have read privileges for the environment variables.  At least that's what I gather from the error message.  

Has anyone come across this error and found a solution?  I tried setting the read privilege for the user's security role but I cannot change anything for that user.  The admin section will only allow me to view that security role and not change any settings.

Thanks for any help.

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@mbk 

I ended up creating a copying the solution checker's existing security role, assigning read privileges to the environment variable entity and then assigning that role to the Power Apps Checker Application user.  That cleared it up for me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @dallenap 

I haven't come across this before but what you could do is create a new Security Role and give it the additional permissions required.  Then assign that role to the Power App Checker Application user and see if that fixes your issue.

There is a also a large article on Common Issues for the Solution Checker which you might want to look at.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/common-issues-resolutions-solut...

GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @dallenap

I had almost the same thing, but with a canvas app in my solution and the solution checker kept failing. 

What I did was go into https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments

Selected my environment

In the "Resources" tile I clicked "Dynamics 365 apps"

In the "Dynamics 365 apps" screen is a list of solutions

I found the "PowerApps Checker" solution and in the "Status" column it said "Update available"

I agreed to the terms of service and clicked "Update"

The solution then updated and the security role assigned to the user was updated allowing me to run the solution checker.

Good luck with it.

Garry

mbk
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

I have exactly the same problem.

I have updated the Solution Checker to the latest version (1.2.0.32), but that did not solve the problem for me.

I have been through the checks mentioned in the article 'Common issues and resolutions for solution checker', and as far as I can see the user 'Power Apps Checker Application' has all the correct permissions.

(Only if I remove all my environment variables from my solution, will the Solution Checker run successfully - and I really don't want to do that)

Kind regards

Michael

@mbk 

I ended up creating a copying the solution checker's existing security role, assigning read privileges to the environment variable entity and then assigning that role to the Power Apps Checker Application user.  That cleared it up for me.

mbk
Frequent Visitor

@dallenap 

Thank you very much for your answer - I will try this.

TYLEROL
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @dallenap 

A new version of Power Apps Checker [1.2.0.34] is currently being rolled out worldwide. It will hit our Europe region this upcoming weekend (crm4).

This solution version contains the missing privilege, prvReadEnvironmentVariableValue, as a part of the Export Customizations (Solution Checker) security role. This solution can be acquired via the Dynamics 365 Administration Center solutions list for an organization.

Best Regards,

Tyler

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,773)