Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrew_b1
Advocate I
Advocate I

Solution export is very slow and the package file is not downloaded

Hi, can anybody help.

I am finding for a particular environment, the package is taking a large amount of time e.g. 30 minutes plus to export, and today I am also finding that the package file isn't downloading at the end of this. I'm exporting the solution via flow rather than Power Apps (I think this is the only way to export a Dataverse for teams environment).

When I look at the history in the solution manager. the start and end time show the same minute, but I don't think this is the real story as the entries are taking a long time to appear here.

I have tried exporting a test solution, in the same environment, with just one empty table in it and this too has the same problem.

Do I need MS to refresh this/ kill off some process, or perhaps I need to start with a fresh environment?

If there is a way to re-download from the history of exported files, that would be some help.

Many Thanks, Andrew.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
paherna
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @andrew_b1 ! 

This is a potential ongoing issue on our end, since there are a few reports on this matter. 

You can check the history of the Solution operations here: 

paherna_0-1621983376351.png

For now, you may try exporting the solution from classic view (if available) or attempt to clear cache and export from an Incognito window. 

The development team has acknowledged this as a known issue and is investigating for future updates.

Thanks!
Community Support Team - Paola
If this Post helps, then please consider Accept as solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
paherna
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @andrew_b1 ! 

This is a potential ongoing issue on our end, since there are a few reports on this matter. 

You can check the history of the Solution operations here: 

paherna_0-1621983376351.png

For now, you may try exporting the solution from classic view (if available) or attempt to clear cache and export from an Incognito window. 

The development team has acknowledged this as a known issue and is investigating for future updates.

Thanks!
If this Post helps, then please consider Accept as solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Paulo. Thank you for your help. I tried repeating it in an In-private browser session, and although slow, the file did download in the end. I'm not sure if this specifically helped - or it was just that outstanding processes had completed. Some of my export attempts showed up in the history log  many hours after running them, and the exports of the small test solution I kicked off around midday didn't appear until 4:47 am the following morning.

Perhaps some validation could be added to prevent exporting while a previous export is still running, as this situation seems to cause problems.

Many Thanks, Andrew

Hi Andrew! 

Thanks for your comments. It certainly sounds like an unexpected behavior - the team internally is still working in correcting the known issue in regards to the solution export. 

I am glad you were able to export though!

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,048)