Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jsalaz1989
Helper II
Helper II

SubmitForm doesn't work for users with View access in a list

Hello,

I wanted to confirm something about the permissions required to write from a power apps form to a SharePoint/Microsoft list. In this list, I have given view access to a user in my organization but, even though he can submit the form without any errors, the item is not created in the list.

However, if instead I give the user edit access, he is able to create the item via de form. This worries me because each user of the form should be able to create the list items, but not update or delete any other items.

I wanted to confirm that, in order for a user to add an item to a list, he/she must have edit access to that list. In other words, I want to confirm if a user with only view access cannot create list items through the power app.

Thanks for your help

P.S. The same thing happens if instead of SubmitForm() I use Patch().

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ekarim2020
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

For a user to add items to a SharePoint list via Power Apps, they user will require Add permissions.

The SharePoint permissions page show the following permissions that we can apply to a list:

ekarim2020_3-1625913427843.png

Note the Contribute and Edit permissions.

Do you think using Advance Settings and restricting users to viewing and editing only the items they have created would help?

ekarim2020_1-1625912779326.png

Ellis

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ekarim2020
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

For a user to add items to a SharePoint list via Power Apps, they user will require Add permissions.

The SharePoint permissions page show the following permissions that we can apply to a list:

ekarim2020_3-1625913427843.png

Note the Contribute and Edit permissions.

Do you think using Advance Settings and restricting users to viewing and editing only the items they have created would help?

ekarim2020_1-1625912779326.png

Ellis

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,633)