cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raghav_Mahajan
Frequent Visitor

Suggest suitable license

I want to implement PowerApps for 10-15 users of different organization & currently that organization is not using licensed version of any office suite. PowerApps is connected with SharePoint list, power automate, one drive & outlook. Please suggest suitable licenses to buy for mentioned requirement.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Raghav_Mahajan , 

As per the licensing FAQ, you should license based on what your app requires for regular users in your tenant. If you are using only standard connectors, you can assign them a Microsoft 365 license (e.g. E3) and then the Power Apps for Microsoft 365 license which comes with M365 subscriptions.

What license must be assigned to a guest so they can run a canvas app shared with them?

The guest user must have a Power Apps license assigned through one of the following tenants:

• The tenant hosting the app being shared
  • The home tenant of the guest user

Also, the guest must have the same license that’s required for non-guests to run an app.

---
    Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Raghav_Mahajan , 

As per the licensing FAQ, you should license based on what your app requires for regular users in your tenant. If you are using only standard connectors, you can assign them a Microsoft 365 license (e.g. E3) and then the Power Apps for Microsoft 365 license which comes with M365 subscriptions.

What license must be assigned to a guest so they can run a canvas app shared with them?

The guest user must have a Power Apps license assigned through one of the following tenants:

• The tenant hosting the app being shared
  • The home tenant of the guest user

Also, the guest must have the same license that’s required for non-guests to run an app.

---
    Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,946)