cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spikyface
Advocate I
Advocate I

System Settings - Current Format user setting inheritance

I've noticed what appears odd behaviour for this setting when deploying a model driven app to a new environment and wanted to confirm exactly how this setting should work

I assumed that when I made a change to the format within system settings, it would override the format setting for individual users, however, this doesn't appear to be the case

It doesn't even default to the system setting format for new users that are created within the environment, I don't know if this a limitation of PowerApps

If I change the Current Format from the default English (United States) to English (United Kingdom) within System Settings, Formats, the change does not affect user within this environment

System SettingsSystem Settings

Indeed, unless they have a security role assigned which grants them sufficient access to the User Settings privilege (see screenshot below), they cannot update their personalisation settings either to change the format for themselves.

User Settings PrivilegeUser Settings Privilege

Personalisation SettingsPersonalisation Settings

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,558)