cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Temporarily close to suspend access to an app

Our team has just completed an exercise using a custom built PowerApp. Now that the exercise is complete I would like to close the app so the team cannot access the app and make changes to the database. I do not want to delete the app because we will be using it again in a couple months time - and it is being used as a base for other similar apps.

So far the solutions are to:

• remove all the users (not ideal: very labour intensive to both remove and then re-add in a couple months) 
  • Make a copy of the app and delete the "Live" Version (also not ideal: labour intensive to add users and potential confusion with links/browser favourites in a couple months)
  • change the coding within the app to prevent data writing to the database (probably the option I'll go with)

The best case scenario would be the ability to "close" or hide the app so it is not available for users to access.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Temporarily close to suspend access to an app

Hi @aemcdonald ,

I'm afraid it's not supported to hide or close an app in powerapps currently.

Here are two alternative ways for your reference:

1)Firstly, export this app. Then delete this app. When you want to use it, import this app.

1224.PNG

1225.PNG

1226.PNG

2)make all other people do not have permission to this app.

Firstly, delete all the users except owner in the share manage page.

1227.PNG

Then, ask your talent global admin assign all the users except you with the security role that can not read/write this app.

Or you could also create a new environment, import this app in the new environment. Make others all could not read and write this new environment. Delete this app in the original environment.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

I don’t think you can disable an app.

However, you could make your first option a lot easier to manage by putting the users of the app into an Azure AD Security Group and then share / unshare the app with the group instead of individual users.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply. 

That's a great solution, however, given the structure of our organization I am unable to create or manage O365 Groups and using the existing groups is not viable.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aemcdonald ,

I'm afraid it's not supported to hide or close an app in powerapps currently.

Here are two alternative ways for your reference:

1)Firstly, export this app. Then delete this app. When you want to use it, import this app.

1224.PNG

1225.PNG

1226.PNG

2)make all other people do not have permission to this app.

Firstly, delete all the users except owner in the share manage page.

1227.PNG

Then, ask your talent global admin assign all the users except you with the security role that can not read/write this app.

Or you could also create a new environment, import this app in the new environment. Make others all could not read and write this new environment. Delete this app in the original environment.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

@v-yutliu-msft 

Here is a good business case, this can apply for the whole business for departments that many divisions within it.

We want to reduce the amount of apps listed in the powerapps mobile/web app by creating a master Powerapps that has launch buttons to other powerapps and hide the rest. 

Yes, we can mark one app as hero app but it'll be great to hide the rest. Fantastic option if hide was available.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,749)