cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VladimirPeshkov
Frequent Visitor

Toggle or Check Box in Power Apps Form connection with Sharepoint list

Hello, everyone!
I'm stucked on the issue with Toggle and Check boxes (Check boxes I decided to insert instead of Toggles, because Toggles are invisible in View mode)  on the form.

I have Sharepoint list with few YES/NO columns.

I created Form with DataSource is my SharePoint list. On this form I added few Toggles and Check Boxes with Default=Parent.Default.

When I push the buttom to Patch information from  Form to the SharePoint list, the information from this Toggles and check box isn't go into SharePoint list, it seems that information is erased. Information from other (text) fields is going to the SharePoint list correctly.
😞

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes.
I found solution. I saw YT video from Reza Dorrani and he told that strongly non recommend to use YES/NO column in the SharePoint lists. Better to use Choice column.
In order to use toggles (Yes/No columns) should be created collection and this collection should be updated. I decided to get rid of Yes/No columns and substitute them on Choice columns (Yes or No options). 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @VladimirPeshkov,

Are you calling any Update Operation or Any Power Automate Flow while patching ? 

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

VladimirPeshkov
Frequent Visitor

Hello.

I'm update SharePoint list.

Even if I change value in column on YES directly in Share point list, after Patch the value became NO automatically. As I mentioned above, it seems like Patch command is purge YES values and change them to NO.

Hi @VladimirPeshkov :

Could you please tell me:

Have you set the data_card's Update property to:

ToggleName.Value

vbofengmsft_0-1641965831924.png

Best Regards,

Bof

Yes.
I found solution. I saw YT video from Reza Dorrani and he told that strongly non recommend to use YES/NO column in the SharePoint lists. Better to use Choice column.
In order to use toggles (Yes/No columns) should be created collection and this collection should be updated. I decided to get rid of Yes/No columns and substitute them on Choice columns (Yes or No options). 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (3,064)