cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Unable to Change Authoring Version in Environment

I have two environments: the default and a sandbox.  The default environment's power apps authoring version is set to 3.20092.39.  The sandbox environment's authoring version is set to 3.2.0085.29.  I'd like to change the authoring version in the sandbox to match the default.  This is also the recommended version according to the the system when I open the change authoring version dialog.

Unfortunately, the sandbox environment will not change the authoring version.  I click the Reload + Apply button and the studio closes.  When the studio reopens I am now switched over to the default environment and I receive an error message stating the sandbox environment cannot be found in my tenant.  Closing the dialog takes me to make.powerapps.com in the default environment.  Switching back to the sandbox environment and the power apps authoring version is unchanged.

I can change authoring versions in the default environment without error.   

This is troublesome because I am having the same issue as described in this thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Grouping-Containers-issues-this-past-weekend...

The solution seems to be to upgrade the authoring version yet I am unable to do so.

Any ideas as to what may be preventing one environment from changing the authoring version?  I've tried different browsers, different PCs and different accounts.  All fail to change the sandbox environment's authoring version.

Thanks in advance for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I have also been having this issue for a few weeks.  My QA environment has been stuck on 3.20081.26 and if I try to "change authoring version", all choices cause it to switch to the Production environment and then apply the chosen version number.

In the past, that used to not do that.

I can't get any version number to apply to my QA environment and they don't even list 3.20081.26 as a possible choice anymore.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,827)