cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Super User
Super User

Unable to Create New Prod Env: "At least 1GB capacity required" ?

I'm the GA for my tenant. Never had an issue creating environments before today. Only able to create Trial environment. Each time I try to create a Production env, I get the following error.
How do I troubleshoot this?
image.png

Thank you!

18 REPLIES 18
HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Re: Unable to Create New Prod Env: "At least 1GB capacity required" ?

It looks like you need to add more database capacity to your tenant. This is done by purchasing extra Common Data Service Capacity Addons. See here for the PowerApps licensing guide which describes how this works https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/pricing-billing-skus#power-apps-and-power-auto...

To check your database capacity usage go to the Power Platfrom Admin Center https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com
Super User
Super User

Hm... What do you make of this graph? Doesn't look like I have the option. This is my default env...

image.png

mschaefer
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same behavior.

If I get this right, the only way to create environments is by buying more CDS capacity, for example with a "per user" or a "per app" plan.

There also seems to be a way to purchase CDS capacity per se from the O365 admin center (see screenshot).

Is that correct? Are there any other ways to add environments, like there used to be?

HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Wow, I haven’t seen that before. What licenses do you have currently? Licenses for Power Apps or Dynamics 365 come with a small Common Data Service capacity allocation per org (tenant) and per user.
mschaefer
Frequent Visitor

Sorry for jumping in, but for me it's almost exactly the same:

cds2.png

I'm working on a Microsoft demo tenant at the moment, but there are 20 E5 licenses assigned:

cds3.png

Does that mean that no CDS capacity comes with the O365 licences and there must be at least a few "per user" or "per app" licences in the tenant to actually have any CDS capacity?

HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mschaefer 

To be able to use CDS and have capacity then you need to have at least 1 user with a Power Apps or Dynamics 365 license.  Office 365 licenses do not give you access to CDS or any additional capacity.

Now that I understand that you only have O365 licenses then you can't be using CDS and I can only assume that you want to create a new environment without a database (without CDS).

Have you tried creating a new environment from the Power Platform Admin Center https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/environments (instead of the Power Apps Admin Center) and leaving Create a database for this environment? as No.  This should allow you to create a new environment without a database or the need to have database capacity.

I hope this makes sense.  @seadude, I suspect that this might be your problem also?

Annotation 2020-01-15 072129.png

mschaefer
Frequent Visitor

Hi @HSheild,

thanks for your answer!

Yes, it seems like the seeded licenses included in O365 E5 do not add any CDS capacity to the tenant.

Unfortunately, the creation of a new environment itself (Trial, Production, Sandbox) requires 1 GB of CDS capacity, no matter whether there is a CDS instance included or not.

I don't know whether this is some kind of "hiccup" on my tenant or intended behavior ...

cds3.png

HSheild Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Oh, that is not how I would expect it to work. It is the CDS database that is taking up storage and capacity.

Double checking the Microsoft documentation you actually need a Power Apps license to create environments, see here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/create-environment-powerapps#create-environmen...
Super User
Super User

I've been doing literally EVERYTHING with PowerApps for the past nearly 2 years. I've done AI builder, CDS this-and-that, mostly testing... but this is recent.

Thoughts?

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (2,211)