cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wnzn
Level 8

Unlicensed users can still create model driven apps in default environment

As I understand it, any user that wants to create and run model driven apps needs a P2 license (or Dynamics).

In my default environment I see model driven apps created by users that only have a PowerApps license included via an Office 365 plan.

Can anyone explain how this is possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Unlicensed users can still create model driven apps in default environment

I would check to see if they signed up for a trial license. We have had similar issues and each time we found that the user added the trial license to their account.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

I would check to see if they signed up for a trial license. We have had similar issues and each time we found that the user added the trial license to their account.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

HI @wnzn ,

Yeah, you are right. Currently, within PowerApps, only the PowerApps Plan 2 license or Dynamics 365 apps and plans include PowerApps P2 license could both create and run model driven apps.

In addition, if you want to create a Model-Driven app (not run) within an Environment, you must own PowerApps Plan 1 license at least.

Please check the following article for more details:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Please check if the users that you mentioned have signed up for a free PowerApps Plan 2 trial already.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wnzn
Level 8

Thanks @Jeff_Thorpe & @v-xida-msft. The users did indeed sign up for the trial. I was under the impression this would create a trial environment but apparently they can use the default environment as well. 

What will happen to these apps after the trial ends? Will the apps be deleted or orphaned?

If anyone is wondering if you can block the ability to sign up for the trial: the answer seems yes as per this thread: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/Block-PowerApps-trial/td-p/90864

Microsoft pakefali
Microsoft

Once the environment expires, it will get deleted and it will delete all the resources associated with it like the database, Flows, PowerApps etc. If you want to keep it, you have to convert it to a Production environment.

wnzn
Level 8

That's true for the trial environment, but not for the default environment in which they can create apps as well...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,846)