Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDCJOEE
Advocate II
Advocate II

Users disabled in new environment

Hello,

I was recently set up with my own development environment at work so that we could enable geospatial features (this is something my admins did not want everyone in the overall O365 org to have). 

The environment was working great for me (I was assigned as system administrator) the entire time I was developing my new app, which also uses Dataverse. I went to assign security roles to users, and then share my app to them, however, I get hit with this error: "The user with SystemUserId={USER ID} is disabled. Only enabled user can be associated with a role."

DDCJOEE_0-1623339724629.png

It appears that the user is disabled in the environment. I went into the environment's options and found the user in question, and sure enough, it says they are disabled.

DDCJOEE_1-1623256196136.png

However, when I view them in the main default environment, they are enabled.

DDCJOEE_2-1623256264735.png

I tried going to User Administration of the Office 365 Portal to see if I can enable them, but unfortunately, I do not have access as I am only an administrator in the new off-shoot environment that was created. I tried creating an internal support ticket at my work, but unfortunately, our admins are not familiar with working in multiple environments. Is there anything I can do outside of asking for access to our Office 365 Portal? (I am guessing that request would be denied, understandably)

2 REPLIES 2
DDCJOEE
Advocate II
Advocate II

A quick update: I also have a ticket open with Microsoft, and so far, Admin Center appears to be the only way to resolve this. They had me run diagnostics on a user, and the issue appears to be that they are not a part of a security group. Unfortunately, the only way we can find to resolve this is to get into Admin Center, which may be a big ask given the size of my org.

DDCJOEE_0-1623339898963.png

Has anyone found a way to resolve this without being an admin of the entire org?

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @DDCJOEE,

Is the environment type Developer, or is it a Sandbox? Developer environments are meant for personal use only and as a, result, you cannot add other users in the environment.

More info here

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (23,233)